[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 11:28:39 UTC 2008

Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
>> I would not laugh. I would cry. Because it would mean that we have been
>> unable to get a full representivity. As I stated before, it is imho very
>> important to have a full coverage from all corners of the volunteers. It
>> may
>> be obvious that I do not see internal-l as "all volunteers", so it is
>> indeed
>> important to have a significant portion of members from the
>> non-internal-l.
>>

> Should not we first define on what the full representivity means? All big
> projects? Different languages? Different roles in the home projects?
> Different types of the projects: wp vs ws vs wn etc? One way (possibly not
> the best one) of dealing with this would be to reserve, you know, one
> place for smaller wp's, one place for wn representatives etc. Another way
> would be just to let people elect they want to elect, but then we should
> not be surprised if after all all council members are native English
> speakers and are active in en.wp as their home project.
>
> Cheers,
> Yaroslav

Oscar, Frieda, and myself being crystal clear examples of the inability
of the community to choose representatives others than native english
speakers :-)

The more I think about it, the less it seems wise to make an attempt for
linguistic representativity. It may even have detrimental effects to do so.

I think it would be wiser make possible project representativity.

Ant