[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:19:52 UTC 2008

On 3/13/08, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:
> Should not we first define on what the full representivity means? All big
>  projects? Different languages? Different roles in the home projects?
>  Different types of the projects: wp vs ws vs wn etc? One way (possibly not
>  the best one) of dealing with this would be to reserve, you know, one
>  place for smaller wp's, one place for wn representatives etc. Another way
>  would be just to let people elect they want to elect, but then we should
>  not be surprised if after all all council members are native English
>  speakers and are active in en.wp as their home project.

This was discussed a lot at the talk page [1]. I explained some ways
for making (almost) a fully representative body.

However, we have to move on and there is not enough interested people
in this phase for making a fully representative body. So, we concluded
that the best idea is to make a working provisional body with smaller
number of members which would be appointed by the Board.

As I said on the talk page, I think that this body should describe a
path from the provisional body to the fully representative body.

[1] - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikicouncil