[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Mar 13 10:37:46 UTC 2008

> I would not laugh. I would cry. Because it would mean that we have been
> unable to get a full representivity. As I stated before, it is imho very
> important to have a full coverage from all corners of the volunteers. It
> may
> be obvious that I do not see internal-l as "all volunteers", so it is
> indeed
> important to have a significant portion of members from the
> non-internal-l.

Should not we first define on what the full representivity means? All big
projects? Different languages? Different roles in the home projects?
Different types of the projects: wp vs ws vs wn etc? One way (possibly not
the best one) of dealing with this would be to reserve, you know, one
place for smaller wp's, one place for wn representatives etc. Another way
would be just to let people elect they want to elect, but then we should
not be surprised if after all all council members are native English
speakers and are active in en.wp as their home project.

Cheers,
Yaroslav