[Foundation-l] 10 thoughts on how to improve the quality of Swedish Wikipedia‏

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 21:24:38 UTC 2008

Marco Chiesa wrote:
> Lennart Guldbrandsson ha scritto:
>> Therefore I thought I'd share the essay with you. Hopefully some of you will
>> see it fit to publish somewhere on your Wikipedia. For maximum effect, cut
>> and paste into an edit box and see all the beautiful pictures and links
>> (though some may have to be corrected on your Wikipedia, it has been
>> converted into fitting in on English Wikipedia).
>>

> It's really a great essay, a lot of food for thoughts, so thanks a lot
> for sharing it. I have boldly forwarded your message to the mailing list
> of Wikimedia Italia, I think the situation you described for
> sv.wikipedia applies to a lot of other projects - some of your proposals
> have appeared on it.wikipedia on the past, but they usually tend to get
> lost in the noise.
>
> If someone wants to read the English version on meta, the page is
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Sverige/Lennart_thoughts_of_Quality
>
> Cruccone

I very much agree on one of the points "Thought nine: concentration on
the basic articles".

Now that we are fairly well-known, it reflects pretty badly when one
very-basic level article is missing. When we participate to conferences
and talk to people, there is always someone to tell us that "I love
Wikipedia, but frankly, the article on [[agriculture]] really sucks.
That's a shame, this is just such an obvious article available in any
encyclopedia" (with "Agriculture" just an example).

Good doc Lennart

Ant