[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 11 18:28:24 UTC 2008

Allowing folks to opt-in to seeing adverts on Special:Search or anywhere is
not a viable soln IMO. It would earn a very, very small amount of money.
However, if someone wants to set up such an opt-in scheme (e.g.,
importScript('User:Foo/show_me_adverts.js')) and then donate the money
earned to the Foundation, I don't think you need anyone's permission.