[Foundation-l] Muhammad

A N aslanir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 03:44:41 UTC 2008

Hi all

I am on this mailing list only to learn about Wikipedia and do a small
presentation for my class this quarter.
I noticed a lot of emails about the Mohammed pictures. I don't know if it
helps you through the decisions making process but
that said i'm quite confident that this is not a Mohammed picture. Most
probably it is Ali. and for that reason it should be fine.
in Iran(Majority Shia Moslem) a lot of Ali pictures can be found. there is
not objection from religious authorities about that.
But you can rarely find a Muhammad picture. in most of the old paintings
Mohammed face was not painted in detail. instead
it was drawn as a big source of light. I come from Iran and would be more
than happy to help you with this topic or any related issue.
I can also translate from Farsi(Persian) to English.

Aslan