[Foundation-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:36:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:58 AM, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Mike Godwin wrote:
>  I agree in general, but these allegations are getting some level of
>  credence because it isn't just digital gossip from random people, but
>  allegations from the second person hired by the Wikimedia Foundation,
>  who was previously highly involved in day-to-day operations
>  There are also allegedly leaked emails
>  from Florence supporting some of the allegations.

These points are really the only hangup I have with this. If it were
just some random internet troll slinging baseless allegations, we
could all just ignore it. However, the stature and persistency of the
source requires that we give it at least some consideration. I'm not
talking about watercooler gossip here, I'm talking about some serious
allegations that could, depending on the truth and the extent of them,
have some profound repercussions. At the very least, it's worth a
cursory overview to disprove them, and at the most we may have some
serious problems which need to be exposed. Going about this, however,
we definitely need to act responsibly and professionally, because this
could easily devolve into a mud fight.

--Andrew Whitworth