[Foundation-l] Concern for the safety of Wikimanians in Alexandria

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 6 13:23:43 UTC 2008

Thanks, Chad, for your clarification. I am frankly amazed by the decision to
hold the event in Alexandria. Given what has been said about the cultural
and social attitudes toward homosexuality; it would be like having a
sponsored gathering in 1950s Birmingham, Alabama, and telling the
African-Americans not to "flaunt their blackness". It is one of the most
insensitive decisions I have heard an institution make in a long time.

Be healthy,

Marc