[Foundation-l] We're not just here to run a hideously popular andexpensive website, after all

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:24:50 UTC 2008

Another main barrier that has to be lowered is the software... That is I
think one of the main issues that prevents a *lot* of people from editing.
Today I heard from a prominent Wikimedian "I wouldn't dare to send a teacher
to the English Wikipedia. He would get totally lost." indicating all the
templates that are being used, not even mentioning the not-nice attitude
that is normal with regards to sources etc (which might be necessary, but
are throwing up a barrier, especially as the reference system is so
complicated and makes things look even more like computer coding)...

BR, Eia