[Foundation-l] Concern for the safety of Wikimedians at Wikimania in Alex...

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:13:19 UTC 2008

And I was trained in the army as a force protection officer to do the
kind of risk assessment that relates to the probability of a terrorist
attack. If as you say, individual participants have minimal contact
with their environment, then there is no rational reason to have it in
Egypt, as compared to a more accessible, less expensive, less
dangerous country. After all, if the conference goers are not going to
have contact with the surrounding environment it does not matter where
the event is held and it should therefore be held at the cheapest and
safest location.

-Dan