[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Takes Manhattan! March 28 event with Columbia University students

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:53:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I just want to give an update on our Wikimedia NYC group and the
>  nascent "New York City Free Culture Alliance".  We're currently
>  planning a joint event for March 28 with the Students for Free Culture
>  chapter at Columbia University, with students to be scrambling all
>  over Manhattan in a competition to snap Wikipedia-requested photos.

This is great news, and I wish I was able to come up and attend. This
is the kind of work that, in my opinion, chapters really should be
pursuing more. This is a great example to set.

>  Now, if only Chapcom could progress a little faster on the US chapters
>  issue... :)

We're working on it, I swear! Things have been moving a little slowly
recently, but i'll see if I can push (nag) the committee back into
high gear.

--Andrew Whitworth