[Foundation-l] leaflets

elisabeth bauer eflebeth at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:09:20 UTC 2008

2008/3/1, Husky <huskyr at gmail.com>:
> I did the design for the Dutch leaflet, which is still based
>  (design-wise) on an older version so it might be a bit outdated
>  graphically. The text is very up-to-date however. I did the designs in
>  Adobe Illustrator, so if anybody needs the original designs and uses
>  Illustrator, please let me know, i could mail some source files.

Normally I would have asked you now: OMG, why didn't you ask for the
orginal source files in Indesign? (except that the orginal dutch files
got lost in a headcrash of my hard disk a while ago)
Anyway, people who want to adapt the layout in other languages can now
choose if they want to copy either the german version (indesign, email
elian) or the dutch version (illustrator, contact husky).

General answer to anthere: it usually only makes sense to create a
final version of a leaflet if there's an occasion to print and
distribute it (conference etc) and that's how most of the leaflets
came into being - and that's also how they are updated (some group
wants to hold a conference next month and they realize the stats in
the leaflets are from 2005). So I don't see much sense in finishing
leaflets without a specific purpose of use. They'll just get outdated
again...

greetings,
elian