[Foundation-l] Please REJECT the latin wikinews project.inmediatly

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Jun 23 23:37:59 UTC 2008

Brian McNeil wrote:

> I cannot ever see an independent Simple English Wikinews working.

I have my doubts about Wikinews in any language, including Latin.
But I do know that Radio Finland has news broadcasts in Latin and
what if *they* could be made to use Wikinews as their platform?

http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/audi/

Finnish tax payers (or radio license holders?) already pay for
these journalists doing this, for no commercial benefit.  Maybe we
should talk to Linus Torvalds' dad, who is a reporter for Radio
Finland in Washington DC.  Maybe Sue Gardner's background at CBC
will be useful.  Who knows.  Less likely things have happened.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)