[Foundation-l] Policy proposal: Anti-vandal fighter role

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:43:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:57 PM, mike.lifeguard
<mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently those who believe that common sense is enough are limited to you
> and I[1] - everyone else needs reams and reams of instructions to be
> satisfied that people won't abuse tools. If we're choosing people for their
> judgment, and we do it well enough, then a simply guideline should be
> sufficient (rather than bloated instructions like we're currently
> developing)
>
> Mike

I agree completely with you here and have actually commented to that
effect on the talk page.  There are pages and pages of rules relating
to this... and all these "requirements" that are (or were) heavily
based on editcountitis... but whatever. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---