[Foundation-l] Baidupedia copyvio collections

Titan Deng theodoranian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:00:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

We Chinese Wikipedians are now collecting Baidupedia articles which were
copied from Chinese Wikipedia.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%E7%99%BE%E5%BA%A6%E7%99%BE%E7%A7%91%E5%B0%8D%E7%B6%AD%E5%9F%BA%E7%99%BE%E7%A7%91%E7%9A%84%E4%BE%B5%E6%AC%8A
You may click the link above to see how many they are. (We put "Featured
articles", "Good articles", "DYK and other general articles" in groups.)
Baidupedia users not only copied from zh.wp, but also from ja.wp and en.wp.
I think we could now do the evidence collection works first, and I hope the
list could be useful if one day the WMF takes some action to Baidu.

Regards,
Titan
--
Support the Wikimedia Foundation: http://donate.wikimedia.org