[Foundation-l] Chinese Wikipedia in China unblocked

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 11:31:53 UTC 2008

There are some characteristicas that differs this lifting from the earlier ones.

For one, it happens nationwide at a very short time. Earlier liftings needed until a week, until everywhere can access freely.

The second is that while occasionally we had a phenomenon that we cannot explain, and mostly account it for "upgrading of the GFW". In such occasions only users of single ISP can access freely, and after two or three days the site is banned again. But this time it seems that people from everywhere get free access.

Keyword blocking is still inforced.

Ting.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx