[Foundation-l] Chinese Wikipedia in China unblocked

Titan Deng theodoranian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:04:49 UTC 2008

We set up a report page since the 2nd ban in 2005 for people to share the
information about the link being OK or not.
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:%E7%8B%80%E6%B3%81%E5%9B%9E%E5%A0%B1/%E7%9B%B4%E6%8E%A5%E9%80%A3%E6%8E%A5

According to the report page, the lift of the ban is nationwide. From the
east to the west users almost every province report zh.wp is unblocked. But
they still couldn't look up those sensitive keywords, like Falun Gong or
Tiananmen square protest. But they can reach some less sensitive keywords,
like Taiwan.

THD

Support the Wikimedia Foundation: http://donate.wikimedia.org