[Foundation-l] Copies of Wikipedia's articles found on Knol

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:53:30 UTC 2008

Before its pointed out by someone else - TOS 5 says Google takes no
"ownership or control" while TOS 8 requires you to grant them a license to
reuse the content, so that isn't an obvious textual conflict.

What are the practical repercussions, if any, of granting that particular
license to Google? It looks like it might be a violation of the GFDL, but
beyond the technical violation what undesirable outcomes occur for the
content and its creators?

Nathan