[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 23:47:19 UTC 2008

2008/7/25 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> I have been told that the top part of the sign can be removed as this
> combination of signs is rare and is likely to be understood to be word. The
> top part indicates movement and position. So for a big image, it can be the
> complete sign and for a small ball the subset suffices.

The other question... I understand there's a degree of mutual
intelligibility between various sign languages, usually at the simpler
end of things, but varying heavily by language and various factors;
and that signwriting can (at least in theory) represent pretty much
any sign language. Is this an ASL-specific sign, or would it be
understood by, say, an NZSL or BSL reader?

We probably want to make sure we don't accidentally put up the symbol
for "lies" in another sign language ;-)

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk