[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Lennart Guldbrandsson wikihannibal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:39:55 UTC 2008

Thanks for your input so far. I look forward to more thoughts. In other
words, keep it coming.

Our discussions have roughly the same as this one, although the smaller gift
balls was news for me, at least. Good to know.

Anyway, there are some more angles to consider:

* previous attempts at 3D logo, at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_logos#3D_Versions

* these are the alphabets present on the logo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_logos#Alphabets_represented_in_the_logo

* errors on the logo, see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Errors_in_the_Wikipedia_logo

* the creator of the current logo is User:Nohat, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Nohat/archive_2005-02-22#Logo for a
longer discussion about the logo in Nohat's talk archive.

Best wishes,

Lennart

Below is a good question, as well:

How is the legal issue for a 3D-logo?

> Ting
> --
> Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
> Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser

Lennart Guldbrandsson, chair of Wikimedia Sverige and press contact for
Swedish Wikipedia // ordförande för Wikimedia Sverige och presskontakt för
svenskspråkiga Wikipedia