[Foundation-l] What is on the back of the logo?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:39:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> PLEASE have one of the characters be one in SignWriting.. SignWriting allows
> you to write any of the many sign languages... I would like to include the
> "thank you" sign in American Sign Language... NB SignWriting is recognised
> in the ISO 15924 Sgnw. There is a request for a Wikipedia in American Sign
> Language..
>
> The ASL "thank you" sign can be found on the last page of my presentation at
> Wikimania 2008.

I second this request. However, I would like to hear what the language
subcom has to say about the issue. It seems like it would cause hurt
feelings and mixed messages if we include SignWriting on the logo but
do not approve the SignWriting wikipedia.

I dont mean to put the languages subcom on the spot here, but I hope
they understand my reservations.

--Andrew Whitworth