[Foundation-l] Ethics project on Wikiversity

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 14:03:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wikiversity is not the place to try to change or influence another
> Wikimedia project. From what you describe, the Wikiversity project
> seems to be opposed to some of the basic premises of Wikipedia.
> Perhaps Wikiversity is being used because these ideas wouldn't gain
> any currency on Wikipedia or Meta Wikimedia?

Or, maybe Wikiversity is being used because this is precisely the type
of community-based research and collaboration work that they
specialize in. Wikiversity isn't censored for the benefit of
Wikipedia, and their users aren't bound by the content or discussion
policies at Wikipedia or Meta. I suggest that people who aren't
familiar with Wikiversity should take this as an opportunity to head
over there and see what that project is all about. Because, until you
understand Wikiversity, you can't possibly understand projects like
this one.

--Andrew Whitworth