[Foundation-l] Top 10 Wikipedias

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 12:51:55 UTC 2008

Filip Maljkovic wrote:
> Forwarding on behalf of Waldir.
>
> Cheers,
> Filip
Well, damn. Don't know how the message got removed. Anyways, here it is :)

Hi all.

I would like to request your attention to a vote that will start this
midnight, regarding a rearrangement of the top ten Wikipedias that are
displayed on the main wikipedia portal (http://www.wikipedia.org
<http://www.wikipedia.org/>).

This topic has been wandering around for a long time on
Talk:www.wikipedia.org template
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:www.wikipedia.org_template>, coming
to surface in many occasions, especially on the times around the
milestone of 100.000 articles of the Chinese and Russian Wikipedias.

After a tentative wrap-up of all the proposals made in that page
throughout the months in Talk:www.wikipedia.org template#rethinking the
top ten
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Www.wikipedia.org_template#rethinking_the_top_ten>,
a discussion was launched in *Top Ten Wikipedias
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Wikipedias>*, to which all the
major Wikipedias have been invited to in their village pump.

A lot of good opinions have been collected and discussed, and a vote
proposal
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Top_Ten_Wikipedias#Vote_proposal>
has been made and received some feedback. That proposal was now
implemented on Metapub. Please head to the poll
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Metapub#Top_10_Wikipedias.28poll.29> to
vote. I hope to see you there! --Waldir
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Waldir> 12:33, 5 July 2008 (UTC)