[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation 2008-2009 Annual Plan

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:44:53 UTC 2008

2008/7/3 Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>:
> European needs are filled because there are Europeans to fill the needs.
>
> African subjects in European languages (at least English) can too easily
> get tied up in some people's advanced society notions of notability and
> verifiability.  We have few enough people to work on these, so it woule
> help to bemore relaxed on these standards.

Nor really. Between the old imperial records, various travel guides,
travel books, various studies written by people looking for stuff
outside the norm and the general rule that someone will make at least
some attempt to cover almost any war there are a fair number of
sources out they. They may take some looking for mind.

> The upcoming Wikimania is in Africa, so I would expect to see more
> Africans when I get there.

I doubt it cost of travel within africa tends to be quite high.
--
geni