[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Przykuta przykuta at o2.pl
Tue Jan 29 00:27:17 UTC 2008

 On Jan 28, 2008 8:40 AM, Przykuta  wrote:

> > > Although I'm not Erik, I'd recommend you to use some of Creative
> > > Commons licenses (CC-BY or CC-BY-SA of any versions). GFDL is not very
> > > good for music. Also you can release it in public domain if you like
> > > to :)
> > >

> > use GFDL text as a part of Wikipedia song
> >
> Can't.  GFDL text isn't released under a free license.

I know - GFDL text can't be fixed, but GFDL text could be add as another song in album "Wikipedia songs" :)

"Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify
songs of this album except this song under the terms of
the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.2 or any later version published
by the Free Software Foundation;
with no Invariant Sections,
no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.
A copy of the license is included in the section
entitled GNU Free Documentation License.

Text of GFDL here :)

But remember, that text of this song
isn't released under a free license"

przykuta