[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 28 17:33:10 UTC 2008

On 1/28/08, oscar van dillen <oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> being a composer, i will give it a go this week at writing an original
> specially for the purpose, which i will then upload and release under a free
> license (which ones do you recommend in this case erik?)

Wow, that's a very nice offer. :-)

CC-BY would be my preference - we could play the attribution after the song.

> *does it have to have a text, or can it also be just nice music?

It's up to you - I think it would be cool to have something that
_somehow_ relates to Wikipedia/Wikimedia.

> *how long should it be?

We can play as many songs as we want on the phone system, but I would
say that any individual song should probably be longer than a minute.
:-)

Thanks again,
Erik
--