[Foundation-l] communicaton from noise

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:37:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 1:09 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:

> So says you (while, as I've mentioned before the last 5 or 6 topics
> you've started have been weeks outdated). Personally, I find this list
> to be an effective method of communication between the foundation and
> the community. For all the noise, there is quite a good bit of signal
> available on this list.

This list might be an effective means of communication between the tiny
fraction of the community that subscribes here and the Foundation.

However, for any realistic definition of the larger Wikimedia
contributor community, this list is largely ineffective at distributing
information from the Foundation to that larger community, or in allowing the
Foundation to get productive feedback from the larger group.

Though, given the shear magnitude of the overall community, I don't think
any open email list (in and of itself) could ever really solve the
communication problems anyway.

-Robert Rohde