[Foundation-l] An observation on languages

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:02:55 UTC 2008

I think the big problem is that some people use threaded e-mail and
others do not.

When I was so hated by all for posting so much back in the day, I
raised this issue.

For those of us who use Gmail (and other threaded e-mail clients?),
someone sending out 3 responses to a thread in rapid succession is not
noticeable from our inbox view and cannot be really said to create
much clutter.

Having said that - I actually started my Gmail account _for the very
purpose_ of subscribing to Wikipedia-l. Prior to that I used a Hotmail
account.

People who don't use Gmail should probably stop whining; it's a free
service, it is no longer invite-only, and anyone who is subscribed to
a high-traffic listserv such as this _should_ be using it or something
like it. What's your excuse?

Mark

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.