[Foundation-l] Are we a club?

luke brandt shojokid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:50:17 UTC 2008

Marc Riddell wrote:

> There is something big that is brewing, Milos. The Wikipedia Community is
> becoming more identified, more questioning, more assertive, and is demanding
> more of a voice in decision making. And there are those in positions of
> insinuated "authority" who are having a great deal of trouble with this.
> Hang in there, there is a whole new model for a cyberspace community that is
> also brewing.
>
> Marc Riddell

Hi Marc,

Here are a couple of links that are relevant to this topic, as well as
being relevant to some recent posts on the role of the Foundation. They
reference the idea of a membership driven community rather than a
'top-down' organization. Maybe we've come full circle. It would be
helpful to hear from those who participated in the events described, as
well as Alex. Thanks

http://freewikipedians.org/

http://mywikibiz.com/User:AlexRoshuk