No subject

Thu Feb 7 21:25:56 UTC 2008

stupid thing that could happen to the cause of Islam as a whole. In the end
Wikipedia is very much an acceptable human face of what is in origin part of
a Western value set. These Wiki values are equally acceptable in most of the
Arab world. When we are to be "martyred" in the good cause of free knowledge
and the free exchange of ideas, it will only strengthen the resolve of our
friends to continue the work that we will be associated with.

I am quite happy to go to Egypt for Wikimania 2008. There is a risk, but
there is a risk when I get into a car, a bus, a train a plane as well. As a
pedestrian, the risk per kilometer is biggest but does that mean that I
should not get out of my house? There is a risk, but should that mean that
we leave our message unheard and only preach to our own parish?

Thanks,
     GerardM