[Foundation-l] Reply to Mark

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:25:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you misread the "personally discriminated" line -- it seemed
>  like florence was using that wording to specifically acknowledge the
>  extent of the problem, not to diminish it.

Yeah, that was me, not Ant, and that's a correct reading Ben.

Just to be clear I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the foundation,
wikimania jury past, present or future, organizers past, present or
future, etc. etc. etc. Just me. (I think opinions are pretty varied
within all these groups). Ben is also right that the problems with
this or any other location won't go away through posts on a mail list
-- we need good information and good suggestions for the future.

Also thanks Lars for sending an eloquent message that pretty much sums
up what I was trying to say.

-- phoebe, who considers herself a member of the Immoral Women
delegation to future conferences