[Foundation-l] Board elections

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 07:54:45 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> Is there an element of reinventing the wheel involved in this process? It
> seems like much of the infrastructure set up last year and in prior years
> could be reused, even in terms of rules and processes etc., as long as these
> haven't been discredited or improved upon since. Shouldn't the gross volume
> of effort required in 2008 be less than that needed in 2007? Or am I totally
> missing something?

Some points to address

1. Number of seats (must be clarified at next board meeting)

2. third party hosting and administering a reliable voting system

3. Revision of criteria for voters (not edit-count or at least not-only
edit count -  how to address developers of mediawiki, staff members etc...)

4. Voting system

5. Perhaps (or not) good statistics to evaluate the voting process
afterwards (what sysops voted versus regular editors. What english voted
versus french etc...). I am not favorable to this myself, but I heard it
mentionned several times

6. Pre-vote to eliminate trolling candidate

Ant