[Foundation-l] First use/contribution by Canadians of Wikipedia

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:03:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 3:37 PM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> In order to pursue our trademark registration in Canada, we would like
> to document the earliest uses of Wikipedia by Canadians.  Our Canadian
> staff members (Sue Gardner and Jay Walsh) believe the  first Canadian
> uses of Wikipedia date back near the origins of
> Wikipedia itself.  Considering that Wikipedia started in early 2001,
> this should mean that by early 2002 there was significant Canadian
> use  of the English-language Wikipedia project.  I assume there was
> also early use of the French-language Wikipedia project by French
> Canadians -- that would also help us here.
>
> Does anyone here have any thoughts about how we might document the
> (likely) fact that Canadians were engaged with Wikipedia early on?

Doing a research on more languages editions may help too.
[[:pt:User:Leslie]] is/was a brazilian living on Toronto that have made
their first edit on 10 February 2005 [1], elected as a sysop at pt.wp on 30
May 2005[2] and have disappeared since 27 January 2007[3].

[1]
http://pt.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Montreal&diff=prev&oldid=202512
[2]
http://pt.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Especial%3ARegisto&type=rights&user=&page=Usu%C3%A1rio%3ALeslie