[Foundation-l] Wikimedia videos on Internet Archive

Husky huskyr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:58:47 UTC 2008

Is there some sort of policy on where (long) videos like this should
go? I still have something like 10 hours or more video footage of the
Dutch Wikimedia Conference, from october last year. I was thinking of
uploading it on Commons, but is has to be transcoded to Theora (which
i have done before, but is quite a hassle) and there seems to be some
kind of file size limit (1 hour of video is very large of course). I
could also upload the videos to the Wikimedia Nederland server (we
have an account with about 200gb space), but it would seem better if
there is some kind of general Wikimedia server for large files like
this...

-- Hay / Husky