[Foundation-l] Licensing tutorials

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:44:04 UTC 2008

On the subject of Tutorials, what about a generic tutorial about how
the Wikimedia
Foundation operates, as a non-profit. Some people might not understand the
governing role of the Foundation, the membership role (or lack, in
this case), et
cetera. As an idea, I suggest turning to the FAQ section of Idealist.org.

Examples such as: "What does the board do?"
>>Answer: http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/faq/1-7/3-1
Or: "Is the board paid?"
>>Answer: http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/faq/11-77/33-11
Or: "Who sees the meeting minutes?"
>>Answer: http://www.idealist.org/if/i/en/faq/25-54/46-28

I'm thinking using these kind of FAQs with an eye for our organization
could produce
a "manual" to the Foundation, in a sense, explaining who does what and
why things
are done the way they are. I look forward to suggestions.

-Chad