[Foundation-l] Preservation of cultural diversity and minority languages

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:29:23 UTC 2008

Hoi,
We have the statistics to prove it.

As I indicated before, we have imported the localisations from Wikipedias,
nothing was wasted. Our most precious resource are the people who help with
the localisation and we do not ask them to do things that are not necessary.

As to focusing on projects, I spend my time on the things that are relevant
to me. Betawiki is extremely relevant for all the MediaWiki projects I am
involved in. The localisation of OmegaWiki is done at Betawiki as well.
Betawiki is the best place to do localisation for MediaWiki. My time and
effort is most effectively used by improving and promoting necessary infra
structure. Yes, I see OmegaWiki as infra structure.
Thanks,
     GerardM