[Foundation-l] Oct 22 to January 3 Fundraising Report

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 01:26:09 UTC 2008

On 01/02/2008, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> All -
>
> I've completed a report on our most recent fundraiser:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Report
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed, directly or indirectly. If you
> spot errors or misinterpretations, please do correct them or leave a
> note on the talk page. I'll also try to answer any questions you may
> have.

Nice, thank you.

I am surprised to see no special mention of the translation process? I
suppose it comes under "Advance planning" and maybe the chapter
discussion.

Berto (I think?) also raised the point about whether landing pages not
in English should be merely translated (and thus include a lot of
probably irrelevant info about US tax deductability, etc) or more
attention paid to appropriate localisation.

The point was also made that matching donations came too late in the
campaign to be as effective as they might have otherwise been. This
might have been unavoidable because of the individual donor though.
There is no mention in the report of matching donations?

Kudos to the chapters for their participation too :)

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/