[Foundation-l] [Fwd: Public meetings dated February 3, 2008]

simonpedia simon at cols.com.au
Sat Feb 2 19:56:35 UTC 2008

Cary,

Received your mail about Wikimania 2008 meetings, although being naïve, I
don’t know where. I guess you’ll be informing us of an IRC channel.

In an attempt at improving the Foundation’s communications, can I make a
suggestion?

You probably don’t know about the Accessgrid community. HYPERLINK
"http://www.accessgrid.org/community"http://www.accessgrid.org/community

Accessgrid is like Skypecast will be when it grows up.

Can I suggest that you might try a little outreach, and ask the guys if
they’d like to host a couple of sessions?

They don’t have nodes everywhere, HYPERLINK
"http://www.accessgrid.org/nodes"http://www.accessgrid.org/nodes (this is a
limited list)

but I’m sure it would be a good introduction to having them think about
linking up when the conference is on.

When I talk about virtual classrooms, this is big brother. When I talk about
global libraries Wikipedia is its encyclopaedia.

One without the other is a bit dumb, don’t you think?

Regsrds,simon

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:59 AM