[Foundation-l] Returning to Foundation-L

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 1 19:51:32 UTC 2008

Welcome back. I've been wondering what the result of the recent discussion
on this list with regards to raising the level of conversation would be. I
hope we haven't forgotten already. Jimbo characterized this list as
'increasingly useless as a mailing list because it is so frequently
dominated by people who seem to be very "bitter and mean-spirited" to the
point that they are on the attack no matter what happens.' With the
Foundation increasingly becoming more of a formal organization this comment
(which I consider to be true) bothers me tremendously. We need a venue for
transparent communication between the community and the Foundation where all
parties feel comfortable speaking. Why was this particular comment not
moderated?