[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:12:20 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 5:42 PM, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu> wrote:
> I once calculated that it would take six years to read English Wikipedia
> cover to cover (er... Main Page to Special:Version).

I don't particularly (or in fact at all) care what the "on hold"
experience is like. I think I have phoned non-finnish wikipedia people
a full total of three times. Once Jimbo, to tell him the server - note
singular - had petered out (sorry about the early wake up, that time,
Jimbo). Once Imran to verify I was flesh and blood and of suitable
age etc. to run for the Board of Trustees. And a third time to Tim
Starling about an unspecified concern of mine (which turned out
to be me worrying over nothing) which I won't specify further.

But just out of prurient curiosity... Is there a reason why we
would not just use spoken articles?

With a distinct lack of care;