[Foundation-l] Wikinews PL POTY

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Fri Feb 1 16:01:09 UTC 2008

http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Wikinews_Press_Photo

There are still a couple of days left for voting in the Polish Wikinews'
Picture of the Year competition's first round. English
instructions/introduction have been added to the page and if you're really
stuck I'm sure people will help you out.

Perhaps next year Wikinews can be a little more organised and do 3 rounds
with the first being to select photos from the different language projects
to bring forward to a cross-wiki competition, but for this year it's one per
wiki.

Wikinews has seen a great increase in interlanguage cooperation over the
last year, and voting in this competition is a way to help encourage this.
The only people who may spot this cooperation are folks like me who spot the
interwiki being added in Recent Changes. However, it is where the project
could develop a real strength. News - on any subject - in your language.

Brian McNeil