[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Commons-l] Making Wikimedia Commons less frightening

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:02:08 UTC 2008

teun spaans wrote:
> Many times it works well.
> But the procedures also irregularly goes amiss.
>
> I also received deletion messages of a pic i had uploaded with a correct
> license. Some wikimedian had accidently removed the license, making a bot
> come along and warn me. By pure coincidence i happened to come along at
> commons - sometimes months go by without me dropping in - and was able to
> restore the license, protest angainst its deletion, and so on.
> 7 days is awfully short. One easy thing that can be approved is an email
> instead of a bot message on a talk page.
>
> But that wont change the self centered attitude of commonists.

You *will* get an email if have chosen on your Preferences to get an
email whenever your talk page is modified.
Having that option available on WMF wikis was pushed from commons
community, and in fact Commons was one of the first projects where it
was added. Now it is enabled on all wikis but the big ones.