[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Commons-l] Making Wikimedia Commons less frightening

teun spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 14:55:23 UTC 2008

Many times it works well.
But the procedures also irregularly goes amiss.

I also received deletion messages of a pic i had uploaded with a correct
license. Some wikimedian had accidently removed the license, making a bot
come along and warn me. By pure coincidence i happened to come along at
commons - sometimes months go by without me dropping in - and was able to
restore the license, protest angainst its deletion, and so on.
7 days is awfully short. One easy thing that can be approved is an email
instead of a bot message on a talk page.

But that wont change the self centered attitude of commonists.