[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:13:31 UTC 2008

2008/12/1 Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com>:
> Anyone who doubts about the deplorable state of, well, many language
> editions of Wikipedia, may have a look at this:
> http://pdc.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gleeder&oldid=25822 Gleeder

That's hardly a good example - we're never going to have a good
Wikipedia in a language mostly spoken by members of a culture that
shuns modern technology, are we? Those speakers that aren't Amish are
generally of the older generation, a demographic we have difficulty
attracting (work has been done on that front, with some success as I
understand it, but it requires an existing community to start the
process).