[Foundation-l] 80% of our projects are failing

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:19:02 UTC 2008

Hoi,
First, the call for improvement of the usability of the MediaWiki software
is neutral to languages. It is easy to appreciate how the smaller projects
will benefit. It is even easy to argue that the big projects will benefit.
Second, why would the promotion of minority languages conflict with the WMF
stated objectives ?

When you argue for tolerance towards minority languages, you effectively
discriminate against minority people and languages. When you make sure that
our software supports any language as well as possible, as I do, minority
languages are effectively not an issue. Enabling people to participate is
what our goal should be, whatever the language, whatever the culture.
Thanks,
      GerardM