[Foundation-l] The Wikimania of my dreams

Finne Boonen hennar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 21:49:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I woudl like to dedicate this thread to the Wikimania of your dreams.
>>
>> No argument, no debate, just ideas, a giant brainstorming of what the
>> Wikimania of your dreams would be. Please throw your stuff in, and try
>> to make it only positive things (ie.write  "something that's green"
>> rather than "something that's not blue or red".)
>
> Wikimania of my dreams is a global event with tens of thousands, maybe
> even hundreds of thousands or millions of participants, localized at
> every place which has possibility to join that event.
>
> I think that it is more than possible to make one central event and a
> number of events all over the world at the same time. All of the
> places would be connected via video links as better as it is possible.

In my experience, one of the majore benefits from attending wikimania
rather then watching the videos is meeting people in person, when we
focus on getting several meetings at the same time and linking them up
with video I fear we'll loose this. The same goes for setting up
different events for different projects, we need more communication
between projects as well as between languages not less.

Finne/henna
--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"