[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] The Wikimania of my dreams

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:02:54 UTC 2008

Wikimania of my dreams:

Location: Reykjavik (surprisingly cheap airfare from both SF,
Washington/BWI, and Orlando/Sanford!). Alternatively, Nuremberg (one of
my parents was born and grew up there but I've never been, and I hear
the castles are spectacular. Also, isn't there a really big auto racing
ring nearby).
Transportation: Each participant who verifies themselves to the
foundation as a sysop on any Wikimedia project, gets their conference
entrance fee waived. All Foundation employees and board members must be
required to ride Segway scooters the entire time they are at the project.
Food: There must be sushi, bbq, fish and chips, GOOD pizza, doner, and
thai on site. Everything else we can go out for.

Ok, that covers where it is, how to get there, and what I'm eating. Yep
that's about the most important things. Everything else is flexible.

-Dan