[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] The Wikimania of my dreams

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:59:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Oh, and since I'm dreaming, a Wikimania without ads.

Actually, this is only part of my wildest dreams in which not a single
boundary of reality applies. If I had to choose between a compromise
in any other quality of a conference (food support, venue, entrance
fee, travel scholarship and documentation) and an ad-free environment,
I would accept the ads.

On the contrary, I saw many white spaces at the last conferences,
which could have been used to generate income, which in turn would
have helped to support the conference.

Mathias