[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:42:28 UTC 2008

IMHO the problem is here focused.

We imagine the experts like Christus which comes and start a revolution.

The question is: are they so expert to make a change in the environment
where they will work?

I have already said some years ago that the communities choose their
leaders (non the wikipedia community but a community in general), when
communities are driven by other persons which are not the leaders, we
have a manifest organigram and a different concealed organigram. With
this condition frictions, disputes and bad feelings start.

The elections of the communities assure that the leaders are represented
and the two organigrams are partially overlapped.

In this new restructure the two organigrams are badly overlapped.
Putting experts in a complex environment like Wikipedia's communities
it's a risk not for Wikimedia projects, but for themselves because they
could not have the power to introduce a "new deal".

Ilario