[Foundation-l] [OT] RecentChangesCamp 2008 -- May 9-11, Palo Alto, California, USA

Evan Prodromou evan at prodromou.name
Wed Apr 30 20:21:28 UTC 2008

Sorry for the ever-so-slightly off-topic post, but I wanted to make sure
that the members of foundation-l were aware of the upcoming
RecentChangesCamp event, happening May 9-11 in Palo Alto, CA:

    http://rcc2008.blueoxen.net/

RecentChangesCamp is the world-wide "unconference" for wiki admins,
users and developers (and those who love them). It's a 3-day event, free
of charge for all participants, and open to anyone who shows up
(although an RSVP is mighty appreciated, so organizers can plan food,
T-shirts, space, etc.). The event runs on peer-to-peer working group
sessions, scheduled on the first day, based on the "Open Space"
conference method. It's very wiki!

A quick review of the attendees list shows a lot of names that should be
familiar to foundation-l members:

    http://rcc2008.blueoxen.net/attendees

I've been to the last three events and I've loved it. It's great to get
together with people who know and care about the wiki method and Open
Content as much as I do. Along with Wikimania and WikiSym, RCC is the
third leg of the year's wiki conference tripod. I really encourage
anyone who can go to give the event a try.

Please feel free to pass this email or the above link along to others
you think might be interested (or blog it or Digg it or whatever). It'd
be a shame for someone interested in wiki or Wikimedia projects to miss
this event just because they didn't hear about it.

Thanks,

-Evan